UK Stem Cell Bank facilities
The UK Stem Cell Bank was set up in 2003 in response to government recommendations to facilitate the use and sharing of ethically-sourced, quality-controlled stem cell lines by the clinical and research communities.
Our state-of-the art facilities include:
- Five self-contained GMP-compliant cleanrooms
- Continuous particle monitoring of cleanrooms and Grade A environments (Class II Safety Cabinets)
- Dedicated LN2 storage with off-site back-up
- Two research and development laboratories
- One analytical laboratory for Quality Control testing
Our GMP-compliant cleanroom and low temperature storage facilities are licensed by the Human Tissue Authority (HTA) under the EU Tissues and Cells Directives to produce cell banks as seed stock for the development of cellular therapies (License Number: 22502).